About Me

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The key to finding happiness

 
This last weekend I celebrated Independence Day with some of my best friends. I would have spent it with some other friends if they weren't in Disneyland, but oh well ;) Freedom to enjoy a day off to celebrate America's freedom was just what I needed this last weekend. I had the awesome opportunity to witness and film my best friend's proposal to an amazing girl. The link to watch it is right here. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYqOeQfy2Dc Congrats to Spencer and Jenn! Love you both! So it was a nice, happy weekend.

Often times we seek for happiness in the wrong places, only giving us temporary joy, and making us feel bad about it later. The key to finding  happiness is in the serving of others. Heavenly Father's intent is for us to be happy and successful. Even when the whole world is coming down on us. I believe that we dictate our happiness, we can choose to be happy. Not that it is wrong to be sad, angry and frustrated sometimes. But these can be overcome with the right attitude to change and be happy. I know it is much easier said than done. That is why we have help. Our Savior has experienced every pain and suffering that we have and will have. His Atonement allows us to be happy, even when we are feeling alone, beaten, and discouraged. His Atonement allows us to be healed, and to have our burdens lightened and even removed. He asks us to have faith in Him, to follow Him, and trust in Him, and in doing so we will truly be happy.



No comments:

Post a Comment