About Me

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Becoming...

I have always been known as the funny Asian kid, well at least to most. I always try to make the best in each situation. Lately I have found in my life that one of my main purposes of being brought into this world, was to help others be happy. I try where I can, not trying to raise myself up, or being prideful. I know that because my patriarchal blessing says so. I have been blessed with a knowledge and an understanding of the Gospel of Jesus Christ, I don't know everything, I don't know a lot of things, but this I do know, that God's plan, is a plan of happiness. Several events in my life have given me emotional roller coasters of epic proportion, but with the Savior's help, I always find a way to overcome them. My step father this evening asked me to make a list of ten things I hope for in the future. As I sat there pondering, obviously there are more than ten things that one person hopes for, well most of us hope for. I went back to a list of rhetorical that I wrote myself after a break up last year. The first question was, what is it that I desire? This was great because desires, hopes, wants are all synonymous. Now the first obvious answer is a double bacon cheeseburger. But that only satisfies my physical hunger. Truly though do we often ask ourselves what is it that we really want, beside the obvious things that cannot last forever. IN our hearts and minds and if you are in your mid to late 20's and single, like some people I know ;) We desire to be happy, but with someone that it can last with through the eternities. And knowing that is a great desire, we still find it sooo difficult. We often ask ourselves why?
We get told soo many times how amazing we are, and whoever we find will be soo lucky right? And even those of us church folk ask ourselves, why can't I find someone? When the question all along could be, am I becoming the person I want to be with? I ask a lot of rhetorical questions! Am I doing all the things necessary to be worthy to be loved, and to give of this love? How am I preparing to make the next step? By asking ourselves these types questions, we put reality into play, but also hope and faith! Faith is power! And it takes great faith for us to make decisions. I hope those reading this will take these things into consideration when a difficult time in our life happens regarding dating. I know that when I ask myself these questions, and don't have a clear answer for them, it is God telling me to be patient and to have faith. With Him, all things are possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment