About Me

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Memorial Day!!!

Yesterday was such a great day! Thanks to the sacrifices of so many soldiers for our freedoms, we get a day to celebrate and remember these sacrifices! Memorial Day started off with my brother in law's family coming over and sharing pizza from the oh so yummy Little Caesar's. Then we watched the bro in law's bro's mission slide show (he's been home 6 weeks from Hong Kong.) For dinner we had pineapple sausages, broccoli salad, and spinach salad, and it was so delicious. I am so blessed to have some pretty cool family members and in laws as well. I am thankful for holidays like these that bring our families close together, even if the plane ticket was a rip off! I am thanks for the moments that are always meant to be remembered and never forgotten. As I sit here on my sister's couch in San Jose on my last day here, (I know I should be on a beach, but the water is so cold!) I sit and contemplate all the things that have brought me to this point in my life. This vacation has given me so much time to reflect on so many things. My desires are greater, my wants are still there, but my optimism has increased a lot. I leave for the airport at 5 in the morning tomorrow, I am going to miss my sister's little family, especially my nephew, I have had the awesome opportunity to make him laugh so much, just makes everyone's day! I am grateful for the knowledge that families can be together forever. Life is awesome everyone!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment