About Me

Monday, June 20, 2011

The answers as to why we do certain things

It is very rare that a day goes by without me asking "why did I do that?" Or "why did he or she do that?" Well if you don't ask that question often then I applaud you. I believe these are healthy questions to ask of ourselves often. Now sometimes the answer may not be what we expected or wanted. Sometimes, people do certain things just out of stupidity, some out wanting a reward, some for revenge, some just because they are weird, some out fear, some out of faith, they greatest reason is out of love. For whatever reason we just do things sometimes without thinking. That's what gets me in trouble often. You the reader by this time may wonder, okay, what is the point of all this. The reason why we do things, should have thought behind them. I found an amazing quote by an apostle named Ed J Pinegar.
"Obedience is the price
Faith is the power
Love is the motive
The Spirit is the key
CHRIST is the reason."

In everything we decide to do, and I am not talking about choosing what to wear, or what to eat, but the major decisions, we can know that the reason behind it is what Elder Pinegar was talking about.  These steps are not just suggestions, but a guide to how we should live our lives.
I am not saying that I am some guy that just goes around using this quote all the time to make my decisions. But it is a nice creed to live by.

No comments:

Post a Comment